Week In Review: I Resolve
In the past week, I’ve thought a lot about New Year’s resolutions. Like thesinglecell, I don’t typically spend end-of-the-year-time reviewing aspects of my life, successes and failures and all that stuff; I pretty much lament about where my life is going (or rather, its lack of direction) all throughout the year. And I certainly don’t make New Year’s resolutions because: (a) I forget about them almost immediately, or (b) I break them even sooner than that.
The anticipation of this new year feels different, though. The events of the past year have brought a mental and emotional change in me that feels suspiciously like optimism. I’ve started down a road that took me so very long to find. It’s a long road, to be sure, but I’ve made progress, and the miles are beginning to add up. It’s rather exciting. And so, for the first time in years, I feel like there are resolutions to be made. More importantly, I feel that these are things I can do, that I won’t quit. Confidence is empowering, isn’t it?
Anyway, these are the things that are on my mind:
- stick to my new budget for the entire year
- spend time with family or friends I rarely see
- go someplace different or go to an event (in other words, get out of the house!)
- do something randomly nice for someone; I used to be a nice person and I’d really like to get her back again.
- continue working on Being Thankful
- write more substantial blog content
- the Queries must return!
- adopt healthier eating habits
- to exercise – my body is begging for exercise!
- de-cluttering! get rid of
all of some of all of the excess junk in my home
- take a photography class
- going to bed at the same time every night
I figure that’s enough to be getting on with. I’m going to follow Todd’s advice and just do the best that I can do. I think that’s as much as we have a right to ask of ourselves. And each other.
I hope you step into this brand new year with joy and anticipation for what it has to offer! Happy New Year!!
Items of Interest:
New Year’s resolution: The best I can do by Todd Pack
Tuesday, next year or maybe not by Patricia…
Resolution Revolution by JM Randolph
On the Sixth Day of Christmas by thesinglecell