Ten Things That Make Me Happy
A couple of days ago, Patricia at Today I think… posted a list of ten things that make her happy. I thought it was a wonderful idea, and it really reminded me of the Thankful lists. It never hurts to take an opportunity to be thankful…or happy. With that in mind, I have made my own list of ten.
Friends and family make me very happy, but I think it’s so much of a given that you can’t include them on a list like this. My nieces and nephews would take up four of the ten spots right away, as they each make me so happy in their own ways that it would be unfair to clump them all together.
So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are ten things that make me happy:
- Water – the ocean, a pond, a river, a stream, a creek, a trickle, water that seeps out of the rocks on the side of a mountain and seemingly comes from nowhere – oh, I love it! It makes me happy.
- Trees! I love all the different shapes, all the many different ways they can grow. They make me happy.
- Green – to look at the world and see green leaves and green fields and green bushes and green vines…that makes me very happy. I love living in the country and seeing all the green.
- Louis! He is always happy to see me, as much as I am happy to see him. He is a good and loving dog, and he makes me happy.
- Writing. I never would have thought that blogging would make me as happy as it does. It was a fluke that I started blogging at all, but it was a happy fluke.
- Movies – I love movies. I love stories I can see. Movies of all kinds (except scary, gore-filled, zombie-fied or shark infested movies) make me happy.
- Reading! Reading is the best; it’s watching a movie in your head. Book stories take longer to tell, so you can savor and enjoy all the good parts for ever so much longer than in a movie. Plus you get to do your own accents. Reading makes me happy.
- Photography. It’s no secret that photography is a personal joy. I love capturing a moment, and I love reliving those moments whenever I choose. Photography makes me very happy.
- My Car. I love being independent, and I forget how happy my car makes me – until it’s broken. My car allows me the freedom to come and go as I wish. That makes me happy.
- Laughing! It may seem redundant…but it’s true. I love to laugh. As an entity apart. As its own thing, separate from the cause of the laughter. I love when people make me laugh. I love that they are able to make me laugh. Laughing really makes me happy.
What makes You happy?
Items of Interest:
Tuesday, 10 happy things… by Patricia
When hope and plans seem all but gone… by Heather
- Be happy right now, right here! (bongzmotivation84.wordpress.com)