Things I Love For No Good Reason
Although joy is as good a reason as any.
So I guess what I really mean is things I don’t know why they bring me such joy.
- Wind chimes. Not all wind chimes, just certain wind chimes. But if I find a wind chime with just the right sound, it makes me so happy.
- Cactus plants. I really just like them. A lot. I always want to buy any cactus plant I see. Except the ones with fake flowers glued to them. Or really, I want to buy them too, and take them home and tear off that fake flower.
- Plants in general. Green plants. Any kind of ivy especially makes me happy.
- Notebooks. Pads of paper. Any kind of paper bound together.
- Blue Ink Pens.
- Desk organizers. Pencil cups and phone stands and in-boxes and all those kinds of things.
- Books. Although I know why books make me happy.
- Blankets. I loooove blankets.
- Scarves. And gloves. That I never remember to wear.
These are things that if I see them I want them. I just have an instant desire to have them and keep them.
And even though I don’t buy them, just seeing them makes me happy.
What makes you happy? (Whether or not you know why.)