Week In Review – so far, so good
I know you want to hear about how I’ve put mothballs under the hood of my car, or how I was painting yesterday and had a crazy moment where I thought the walls were mad at me. But I’m not going to tell you either of those things. Instead, I’m going to recap how the New Year’s Resolutions are going.
I know you’re excited, but please save all applause until the end.
So, anyway… I made a lot of resolutions, but I think I was realistic with my expectations on what I could accomplish. Here’s how I did in January:
stick to my new budget
- I actually expected to fail this one right off the bat, but I made it. By the skin of my teeth, but still. I don’t have any “disposable” income, but I managed to keep on budget and even had saved enough to cover the repairs on my car. So, that was great.
spend time with family or friends I rarely see
- I spent an afternoon and evening with my aunt, which was lovely. We tried to do that Geocaching thing, which is supposed to be a lot of fun. We were just frustrated. But, it was nice to spend time together, and also we got ice cream after, so win/win. That evening, my cousin took us to dinner, so win/win/win!
go someplace different or go to an event (in other words, get out of the house!)
- On the very first day of January, I went to the Botanical Garden with my sister and her family. Way to get it checked off the list immediately, right? I was glad I went, and plus I got a post out of it.
do something randomly nice for someone
- I honestly have not done that. Or thought about it. I completely forgot about this one, which is a clear indication of why it was on there in the first place. I don’t do enough nice things for people, so I need to get started working on that one.
writing more substantial blog content
- All I can say is I’m sorry!
- I finally posted a new Query! I wanted to do two a month, but it’s just not working out time-wise. So, at this point, if I can do one a month, I will be happy with that. February’s is coming soon!
adopt healthier eating habits
- No comment. Yet. I’ve started with eating a healthier breakfast, but even that is hit or miss right now.
de-clutter my house
- It has started! I cleared out some books. This is not mentally or emotionally easy, but as I go forward, it will get easier and faster.
take a photography class
- Not yet, but I know of one class I want to do in the Spring.
go to bed at the same time every night
- This is a real issue for me because of my work schedule. But I am working on it. Not very well, but I haven’t given up on it.
So that’s it, and now February has begun…
Oh, boy. That means I’ve got to do this all again.