You like me! You really like me!
I have been called plenty of names in my life. And some of them were even nice. I was recently called a Versatile Blogger by thesinglecell, who is a smart, talented, funny, insightful and all around wonderful human being. And I really, truly, honestly mean that, from the depths of my bloggy little heart.
Note: If you would like to give me an award, there are plenty more adjectives where those came from. As a Versatile Blogger, I am really good at matching the appropriate adjective with the appropriate person.
There are four rules for the Versatile Blogger award: 1) post a link to the Versatile Blogger who gave you the award, 2) share seven things about yourself, 3) nominate 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger award, and 4) send them a note letting them know you nominated them.
Note: I realize that I’m saying Versatile Blogger a lot, but I don’t want you to forget that I was given an award and that that award is the Versatile Blogger award.
Seven Things About Myself, a Versatile Blogger award recipient:
1. I believe in animal ghosts, but don’t know that I believe in people ghosts. Of course, that animal ghost thing kind of makes not believing in people ghosts sound silly. All I know is that we had animal ghosts in our house when I lived in Richmond with my roommate. True story.
2. If I could be granted one wish (ala genie in a lamp), I would wish for a beautiful singing voice. Singing is one thing that brings me true joy. Unfortunately, my singing does not bring other people true joy.
3. A couple of times a year, I get an odd kind of driving anxiety, a feeling that I’m going to be in a car crash. Every day, I think, “Yep, this is the day – I can feel it.” Eventually, I’ll have a close call and think, “Well that was it, no crash this time,” and the anxiety will disappear. Once, for no reason, I stopped short of an intersection and almost immediately, a car blew through his Stop Sign at about 40 miles an hour. I was in a Yugo, so I would have been dead.
4. I can’t stand to see people’s feet propped up on a car dashboard or hanging out the window. All I can think about is how they’re gonna lose those feet in the crash. Or at the very least, there will be a lot of rehab. Have you ever seen someone driving with one leg propped up on the door frame and a foot hanging out the driver’s side window? I have. I mean, Come On! Please just sit up properly and drive your car like you actually care that you’re wielding a dangerous weapon all out in public and everything. Plus, it’s just gross. I don’t want to see your feet.
5. I adore Roy Roger’s movies. Especially the ones with Dale Evans and Gabby Hayes. Roy is very kind and calm. He has a gentle face and voice, even when he’s telling someone off. And he’s likely to punch someone in the face at the drop of a hat. Also, I love it when Bob Nolan and the Sons of the Pioneers sing. Don’t judge me.
6. I like to untangle things. Like wind chimes and necklaces and string. I find it very relaxing and a soothing kind of activity, quiet and slow. But I really, really hate when I have to untangle the blind cords. That’s just annoying.
7. Sometimes I have zombie dreams. Just out of the blue. The oddest part is that these are relatively calm dreams. For nightmares, I mean. I am filled with anxiety because … Zombies. But my actions are calm and the people around me are calm. The zombies are slow movers and people kind of lazily say things like, “Oh, you’d better shut that door; here comes one of those damned zombies.” I can only remember one time when there was any blood, actual tearing out of flesh and ickyness. Usually, I’m scared of the zombies in my dream, but I don’t know why because they never really do anything.
15 12 Bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. averageinsuburbia – her foyer is kinda average, but she is not. She’s interesting and funny and she makes a mean Lemon Gingerbread. Really, it’s not a nice gingerbread. I only bring it up because she got me hooked on her Project Runway reviews. So I guess we’re even now.
2. Atoms of Thought – is a great writer. And a great photographer. His travel posts make you want to jump on a plane and just go. That said, my favorite pieces are his character studies and about his experiences. You could almost believe you lived it yourself.
3. Today I think… – a busy lady juggling three blogs (that I know of). You can acquire a whole new vocabulary on this site, and there are cats. Also, she has a way of making me want to be a better person. A slow down, stop and look around, appreciate what I’ve got kind of person.
4. Learn More EveryDay – Patti does a bit of everything: book reviews, great photos, cooking, patriotism, moose videos. I’ve learned about whales and elephants on her site, too. Plus she started me on my Thankfulness journey. For which I’m thankful.
5. Walls with Doors – she’s so versatile, she had to split her blog in two. My favorite is Chasing Now, where she talks about all kinds of things, like lessons your dog can teach you, gardening, knitting, and starting a whole new life. She also writes about running at Run Nature.
8. Fix It or Deal – I’m always interested in what she has to say, even though she is a zombie fanatic. I have to admit, her zombie calendar fiction is pretty good. And you’ll want to take a look at those Retro Ads. Plus she can sew. ’Nough said.
9. Todd Pack - I imagine Mr. Freshly Pressed has gotten one of these before. But there’s no denying he’s versatile, covering everything from bifocals to the inevitable zombie apocalypse. (No, I’m not going to link you to another zombie post. You’ll just have to go to Todd’s blog and search for them yourself.)
10. thoughtsappear – likes scary movies, but I don’t hold that against her. She’s another funny one, and you can find a little bit of everything on her blog, too. Also, Pop Tarts. Also, a cat named Esme, sometime guest blogger.
11. Real Southern Men – okay, so this one is about the South. But they are versatile in their coverage, from Elvis to NASA to spray starch to the Tuscaloosa tornado. Plus they have Twanglish lessons. You can’t buy those at the Walmarts.
Okay, that’s only 12, but it’s all I could come up with for now. Thesinglecell gave me the award, or she’d be on this list for sure. Plus she gave one to Pithypants, who would also otherwise be on this list. So, technically that’s 14, and I’m satisfied.
I hope you will visit some of these other bloggers and like them as well as I do. Looking over my list, I’m realizing how much variety there is up there, so there’s something here for everyone. Enjoy!
As I was looking through the Related Articles suggestions, no less than seven posts were recommended where people talked about winning the Versatile Blogger award. Hmmm…. maybe I’m not that special after all. But you still like me don’t you?
Items of Interest:
In Which I Bestow Honors on People by thesinglecell